1. Multisensory Systematic Reading Instruction - The Children's Dyslexia Center
200 Main Street, Nashua, NH 03060 (603) 882-8781
These folks provide 3 years of of free one-to-one tutoring for students with reading disabilities fro 60 minutes 2xs a week! They use an Orton-Gillingham based program.
2. READ NATURALLY - a paper or computer-based program designed to improve reading fluency and accuracy through repeated reading of leveled high-frequency passages. Passages develop predictions, comprehension, written response and summarizing skills. www.ReadNaturally.com
3. The Haughton Learning Center - sells Precision Teaching Products to develop reading fluency.
4. LEXIA - A Computer-Based OG Reading Program - Lexia is another OG program scientifically proven to improve reading.
5. Orthographic Awareness - Develops automaticity in letter naming and sound pairing. Results of 1-minute drills are tracked on a chart so students can see their results leading to mastery. (aims) Students are very motivated as they compete against each other. Even first graders can monitor their own progress charts! Go to: http://www.eslea.com. or call (603)775-0303.
Thank You Mr. Falker by Patricia Polacco explains dyslexia to children. Award Winning Children's Author who is dyslexic.