We hear a great deal about Mindfuness today. So What is it and what are the benefits?
"In 1979, Jon Kabat-Zinn founded the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program at the University of Massachusetts to treat the chronically ill. ... Mindfulness practices were inspired mainly by teachings from the Eastern World, particularly from Buddhist traditions." (Wikepedia)
Recently, Educators have turned to Mindfulness strategies to help children reduce anxiety and focus in school. Some schools, including Bedford Public, have trained their teachers in Mindfulness breath work practices.
The truth is to be truly mindful - we need to learn more than basic mindfulness meditation. Mindfulness is only the gateway into a much richer and more conscious way of living.
Our Mindfulness Plus! (cc) Program for ages 5 to 105 goes beyond Mindfulness into the following:
Ancient Buddhists refer to the unconscious narration that goes on inside our heads all the time as, "The wild monkey of our mind." Jumping from thought to thought, this wild monkey is skilled at having us believe this is who we are -- in total -- the whole package. Nothing could be farther from the truth.
Now with Nuerocognitive studies (using EEG) we have tools to help us train our brains, slow our breathing and positively impact our thinking to enhance the way we process information.
Our Mindfulness Plus! Program tools include a state-of-the-art headset (see image to the right), designed to give the wearer immediate feedback by monitoring brain waves. With the help of our trained coaches you CAN calm your mind and find peace. Let us teach you how to meditate successfully.
Researchers have now isolated something called, "heart rate variability" or HRV. We know that for adults 18 and older, a normal resting heart rate is between 60 and 100 beats per minute (bpm), depending on the person's physical condition and age. Yet, our HRV is the length of each beat and these lengths vary person to person, depending upon their breathing and stress levels. In fact, HRV is now being used in medical facilities to predict future cardiac events. That's how important this measurement is.
By using HeartMath EmPro2 wave analysis, we can show you in real time what your HRV is currently and then train you to use your breath to retrain your HRV into a healthier pattern. This remarkable program is helping so many people to overcome the fight or flight response. This is called, "heart coherence." In reality, it restores your heart beat to a more rhythmic HRV from a stressed or an erratic HRV.
Consider the fact that Einstein used less than 2% of his brain. This begs the question: what is the remaining 98% doing?
1. All individuals are gifted in their own way and have the ability to learn as they once did - with curiosity and joy.
2. Not everyone learns the same way.
3. Barring any serious impairment, we all have the brain power to live up to our full potential when we learn to manage our thinking, feelings and actions (Steiner's Thinking-Feeling-Doing).
4. Humanity is just know lifting the veils of consciousness as more and more people grow more and more awake and curious about their true potential.
5. We can learn to respond to stressors rather than react to them by stemming the flight or flight response (the limbic system) and we do that through PSTEC, hypnosis and mindfulness meditation.
6. The brain is malleable and our PLAY ATTENTION and Mindfulness Plus (cc) programs are designed to rewire the brain to focus better and to respond rather than react, while decreasing anxiety and curbing depression.
7. Depression is rage masked and has it's roots in not attending to your true purpose in life.
8. When you locate your true purpose (the reason you are here now) you cannot avoid the joy it brings to you.
9. Yes, depression and anxiety have some biophysical roots, but that begs the question: which came first? Were you depressed and then lost your way or did you loose your way and then become depressed?
10. Our genetic makeup affects us on a cellular level and this goes back 9 -10 generations. This gives credence to the Native American Indian reverence for "Ancestors."
11. The power of our thinking is just now being realized and amplified by the collective consciousness and critical mass achieved when numerous people believe the same thing at the same time in history. This is the underpinnings of what has come to be known as, "The Secret", a book by Rhonda Burn and then a movie with Joe Vitale.
12. The Law of Attraction - states that what we pay attention to for greater than 68 seconds sends a message to the world that that is what we want more of -- this is a problem if we are constantly complaining and worrying etc. Meditation and Mindfulness Plus! changes this 'cup 1/2 empty' way of thinking.
Gregg Braden discusses how the United States' GOES Satellites (Geosynchronis Environmental Satellites) positioned in the southern and northern hemispheres of the globe gathered data in 2001 that researchers had never seen before. By looking at the dates they were able to isolate these erratic indicators to 15 minutes after the planes struck the towers in NYC. Of course they questioned what would have happened to impact these satellites so profoundly?
The answer? The hearts of all of us....https://youtu.be/X1SMqQH7FJU